Fun things to do in November:
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos (1 – Dia de los Muertos)
- Talk a fall walk and look for circles (2 – Look for Circles Day)
- Enjoy sandwiches! (3 – Sandwich Day)
- Learn more about King Tut (4 – King Tut Day)
- Make some Chicken Noodle Soup (12 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Day)
The Month of November:
- Calendar – November is the eleventh and penultimate month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars, the fourth and last of four months to have a length of 30 days, and the fifth and last of five months to have a length of less than 31 days.
- History – November was the ninth month of the ancient Roman calendar. November retained its name (from the Latin novem meaning “nine”) when January and February were added to the Roman calendar.
- Season – November is a month of late spring in the Southern Hemisphere and late autumn in the Northern Hemisphere. Therefore, November in the Southern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent of May in the Northern Hemisphere and vice versa.
- Moon – Beaver Moon. The Full Moon in November is named after beavers who build their winter dams at this time of year. It is also called Frost Moon and Mourning Moon, depending on the winter solstice.
- Birthstone – November’s birthstones are the topaz (particularly, yellow) which symbolizes friendship and the citrine.
- Flowers – Its birth flower is the chrysanthemum.
- Zodiac – The Western zodiac signs for the month of November are Scorpio (October 24 – November 22) and Sagittarius (November 23 – December 21).
November Days For Kids:
Nov 1 – Dia de los Muertos – make sugar skull rocks or clay necklace
Nov 2 – Circles Day – look for circles and do circle art
Nov 3 – Sandwich Day
Nov 4 –
Nov 6 – Sax Day
Nov 7 – Dunce Day – learn about the history
Nov 8 – Election Day
Nov 9 – Chaos Day – Chaos Theory
Nov 11 – Veterans Day
Nov 12 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
Nov 13 – World Kindness Day
Nov 14 – Full Moon